Monday, February 1, 2010

Juried into CQA



“Cedar Path” is a piece that was just juried into a show in Issaquah, which is part of Seattle. Take a look at the website, www.contemporaryquiltart.com. I have recently joined and I am eager to learn from this terrific group of artists. This piece was also shown this past November in La Conner in the Arts Alive! Festival. (www.artsalive.com) A new section was added this year to recognize emerging artists for the region; it was an honor to be included.

Cedar Path is 33x35 and is densely quilted. The detail shot is about 8 inches wide.

4 comments:

  1. I love the name you chose for this beautiful piece..."Cedar Path", all the green and red hues of cedar. In the closeup of the stitching, I see visions of the wings of birds and feathers. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful work, Andi! I like the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I had posted a comment on this yesterday, but maybe I got sidetracked. I know, not like me at all, but there it is. I checked out the website of the Issaquah group, and they have some lovely work. Sounds like a good group to get in with. I really like "Cedar Path" and very exciting to get it in their show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for the kind words. I just found out they are using this piece for their publicity for the event. Yippee!

    ReplyDelete